VMRCS Manual Rope Cleaner
The Ultimate in Wire Rope Cleaning Technology – Safe, Fast & Effective
Build-up of contamination causes accelerated wear on ropes and sheaves, while also acting as an abrasive on interacting surfaces. Inspections are a critical part of any wire rope maintenance regime. Removal of old lubricant and contamination is important to assist in uncovering any potential issues.
To achieve optimum performance of wire rope assets, it is critical that old lubricant and contamination be removed from the outer strands and valleys of the rope prior to inspections and before re-lubrication is completed.
Viper WRL has revolutionized the process of cleaning ropes by combining CAD-based design with manufacturing techniques and composite materials to deliver the Viper Manual Rope Cleaner Solution Kit.
Rope Cleaner (VRC) Selection
The Viper Manual Rope Cleaner Solution Kit (VMRCS) is used in conjunction with our Viper Rope Cleaners (VRC). This custom-designed collar provides a unique guide for both our standard VRC and our Smooth Bore Cleaners. The collar incorporates two high-density poly guide bushes that keep the collar and therefore the rope cleaners centered on the wire rope.
Why Use the VMRCS Manual Rope Cleaner
- Effectively removes external contamination on wire ropes so visual inspection of rope can take place.
- Safer for staff; reduced lubricant usage; less leakage and mess.
- One-person job – easy to install and use.
- No tools required – very easy and fast to install.
- Reduced downtime associated with rope lubrication, which improves equipment availability.
- Less wear on sheaves and winch drums.
- Removes contamination in the valleys of the rope to provide improved lubricant penetration.
- Unit has two support bushes spaced well apart, giving the unit a lot of stability.
Some of the applications of the VMRCS Manual Rope Cleaner include:
- Wharf cranes
- Ship cranes
- ROV cables
- Mine winders
- Mobile cranes
- Anchor ropes
- Deck winches
- Overhead cranes
- Ship loaders